Mountain Home is a Forged in the Dark roleplaying game where the players take on the role of a group of founding dwarves setting out to create a new settlement. Dig deep, engage in politics with your neighbors, and secure your future in a strange new land.
Mountain Home games take place over the tenuous decades of a settlement's early existence in a new and remarkable land. The game cycles through both fast-paced expeditions where the characters set out to take control of fate and the steady dig downward as the settlement expands.
Within you'll find:
- Seven complete playbooks for player-controlled dwarves
- Four settlement goals that give your dwarves a reason to make their new mountain home
- All the rules and printouts necessary for your group to engage in daring expeditions, build your settlement, and discover your new mountain home's fate
- Procedures for group-driven worldbuilding to make every game your own
- Chapter art by Juan Ochoa and playbook art by Galen Pejeau
Mountain Home is a laid-out, fully functional game. It has an index, working bookmarks, and hyperlinks for navigation but it is still a work in progress. Buying the game now ensures you get all future digital versions of the game released right here. As I polish Mountain Home further, I'm going to be increasing the price accordingly. I've released it at a lower price today so I can more easily get feedback and eventually pay for things I can't do myself, like fill the book with art.
Digital play sheets, complete with a built-in character creation tutorial are available here. Check out the preview gif in the screenshots to the right to see it in action!
Join and talk about the game on Discord!